Sometimes going to court is necessary to solve a problem, which is called litigation. While it might be the best option to find a solution between two parties, the reality is that many people don’t know how a lawsuit works and it can be very intimidating to be sued or file suit. Whether you need to file a lawsuit or you’re being sued, Covenant Legal Group can help you.
Trust Covenant Legal Group With Your Litigation
Litigation Attorney Mark Sherer has almost 30 years of experience assisting individuals and businesses with their litigation needs. At Covenant Legal Group, we don’t expect you to understand all the details of filing or defending a lawsuit when you walk through the door. We will:
- Stand by your side each and every step along the way.
- Work with you to determine reasonable and achievable goals for the litigation.
- Establish a realistic and cost-effective plan for achieving those goals.
Our Litigation Attorney Can Help You With:
- Business disputes
- Commercial collections
- Real estate
- Insurance Defense
- Construction disputes
- Lien matters
The 5-Step Process of a Lawsuit
1) Initial Meeting Between Lawyer and Client to:
- Discuss potential claims and available options.
- Prepare and file the Complaint or Answer the Complaint.
2) Discovery (e.g. Investigation)
- Interrogatories – Requesting information through written questions to the parties.
- Requests for Production – Asking for documents from the parties to the lawsuit or from 3rd parties.
- Asking oral questions of key witnesses under oath.
4) Mediation, or Is Settlement Possible?
The Court often requires the parties to try to settle before the case goes to trial. We recommend this as well. In mediation, both sides sit down with an independent specially trained, and neutral mediator who assists the parties to find common ground for resolving the case.
5) Trial (If Necessary)
Get Help From a Litigation Attorney Near You
If you need a litigation attorney in western North Dakota, Covenant Legal Group can give you the support you deserve. Our litigation attorney can help you in the following cities:
- Dunn Center
- Watford City
- And more!
Get a Free Consultation With An Experienced Litigation Attorney Near You
At Covenant Legal Group, our mission is to help clients meet the legal needs of modern society, but with the values of classic customer service. There’s no charge for an initial call with Litigation Attorney Mark Sherer, who will be happy to speak with you and answer your questions.