- Business disputes
- Commercial collections
- Real estate
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Elder Abuse
- Insurance Defense
- Landlord Tenant
- Construction disputes
- Lien matters
Sometimes you have to go to Court to solve a problem. This is called litigation. Whether you need to file a lawsuit or are being sued, Covenant Legal Group can help you.
We have almost 20 years of experience assisting individuals and businesses with their litigation needs.
Most people do not know how a lawsuit works and it can be very intimidating to be sued or need to file suit. We do not expect that you understand all the details of filing or defending a lawsuit when you walk through the door.
We will stand by your side throughout to ensure that you understand what will occur at each and every step along the way.
We will work with you to determine reasonable and achievable goals for the litigation and to establish a realistic and cost effective plan for achieving those goals.
The Process of a Lawsuit
- Initial Meeting between lawyer and client to discuss potential claims and available options
- Prepare and file the Complaint or Answer the Complaint
Discovery (e.g. investigation)
- Interrogatories – Requesting information through written questions to the parties.
- Requests for Production – Asking for documents from the parties to the lawsuit or from 3rd parties.
- Asking oral questions of key witnesses under oath.
Mediation, or Is Settlement Possible?
The Court often requires the parties to try to settle before the case goes to trial. We recommend this as well. In mediation, both sides sit down with an independent a specially trained and neutral mediator who assists the parties to find common ground for resolving the case.